Today I felt like sharing some amazing fruit facts that you probably didn’t know existed.
We have all come across most of the fruits, some of us grow them, and some of us are obsessed or addicted to them.
The thought of delicious, juicy fruits triggers an instant release of digestive juices in our stomachs.
But, did you know that there are some amazing facts about them still obscure to many?
Knowing some of the facts could be the difference between life and death!
Well, I’ve made a simple infographic to reveal some of the mind-boggling fruit facts that will make you say, ‘what?’
That’s not all, though.
At the end of the infographic are more of the fun facts.
So, let’s check them.
Additional Fruit Facts
1. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
2. Apples, raspberries, and peaches belong in the same family as roses.
3. Cabbages hold as much water as watermelons (90% and 93% respectively).
4. Bananas are among the most endangered plant species from pests.
5. Cucumbers are actually fruits!
6. The most expensive fruit in the world is the Japanese Yubari cantaloupe.
7. Fruits’ stickers are edible!
8. One pomegranate fruit contains more than 1000 seeds.
9. Oranges are not in the top 10 fruits with the most vitamin C levels.
10. The largest fruit in the world comes from the coco palm tree and weighs 42 kilograms!
11. You can hasten the ripening of pineapple by turning it upside down.
12. Square watermelons exist in Japan.
13. Strawberries have their seeds outside!
14. Mixing bananas with apples will make them ripen much faster.
15. Pineapples will destroy your taste buds.
16. Apples do a good job at keeping you awake than coffee!
This leaves me wondering, what if everything we know is all a fuss? Is there a possibility that we are all ignorant of all the things around us? It’s freaking scary just thinking about it.
But, one thing is for sure, fruits rock!
And yes, these amazing fruit facts prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Now, next time you won’t take medication and consume grapefruits. You know what will happen, don’t you?