When I started this blog back in 2015, I always wanted to be the one to write every word. But as time went by, I realized that the site was growing much faster than I could keep up and my ever growing audience kept expecting more and more.
That was not all:
I kept receiving hundreds of emails each month from other content creators who wanted to become part of the community. I’ve been rejecting most of those requests since then.
But not any more:
Hort Zone is now officially accepting guest posts!
And Because of the high number of guest post requests I receive each day, I’ve decided to add a “Guest Post” page clearly explaining the guidelines. Abiding by these guidelines will ensure that we maintain certain quality standards that my audience have always come to expect.
Preferred Guest Post Topics
I am really picky about what I publish. Your guest post should fall into one of the following categories or closely related.
1. Growing Food
3. Vegetable Gardening
4. Fruit and Flower Gardening
6. Lawn Care Tips
Below are some guest posts I have published in the past. As you can see, guest posts offering examples or ‘how tos,’ images, videos have a better chance of getting published.
What’s in it for you?
Exposure to a massive audience
The blog gets 60,000+ visitors per month and is increasing steadily. Four latest article are shown on the homepage which gets 35,000+ visitors per month. High quality articles are included in our monthly newsletter which have over 3,000 subscribers. Needless to say your guest post will get massive exposure.
You get links from an authority blog and your articles are linked from 30+ authority main website. Our articles are usually indexed within hours.
Social Media Exposure
I’m very active on social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Pinterest and Reddit. All your article will be shared via these networks for additional exposure.
Guidelines on how to submit your post
1. Your article must be 1000+ words and offer something valuable to our readers.
2. You can have a maximum of 2 self-serving links (one to your site/ blog and the other to any social media channel of your choice) in the author bio. You are free to link to other quality resources to add value to the article. But please refrain from excessive linking. In general it’s best to keep the link count around five.
3. Outgoing links must be relevant to our blog. For examples linking to dating sites, SEO agencies, Credit related sites etc. isn’t allowed.
4. Add subheadings, bullet points, paragraphs to make the article more readable. Subheadings should be h3 tags.
5. We reserve the right to do minor edits to your article.
6. Once published at our blog you cannot publish it anywhere else, including your own blog.
7. You can send your submissions as a word document and it has to be original.
8. Images and videos are encouraged, they make the article look nice and grabs the reader’s attention.
9. Images should be high resolution and featured image should be approximately 1200*800 in dimension. Please send them as a separate attachment.
10. Make sure not to violate copyright when using images. Give credit when needed.
11. Technical diagrams and flowcharts are highly encouraged.
12. You can send the article directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or send your topic ideas to see if it matches our blog.
13. The article must have a proper introduction, body, and a conclusion that encourages one to take action.
Sorry if the requirements are a bit stiff, but I feel it’s necessary to reduce spam submissions and to give the audience what they truly deserve. Looking forward to some great articles.